Parents of gifted children frequently feel isolated from support. They experience an unsettling dissonance between the child-rearing practices recommended for average children and the reality of the child in their midst. The very strengths and characteristics of gifted children often result in associated problems, particularly in social and emotional areas. (Gifted Parent Groups: The SENG Model, 2nd Edition, pg.3)
Our groups provide a safe and supportive environment to freely discuss your child’s development and parenting challenges. You will connect with other parents, increase your awareness of your child’s unique needs, learn strategies for successful parenting, and expand your resources. Your child does not need to have been formally identified as gifted to participate. To ensure everyone benefits, space is limited to 10 participants per group.
Weekly topics include:
- Characteristics of Gifted Children
- Motivation, Enthusiasm, and Underachievement
- Discipline and Self-Management
- Intensity, Perfectionism and Stress
- Idealism, Unhappiness, and Depression
- Acquaintances, Friends, and Peers
- Siblings and Only Children
- Values, Traditions, and Uniqueness
- Complexities of Successful Parenting
8 Thursdays, September 13th - November 1st
Culver City, CA 90232
$300 + cost of the required book, A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Children
*Payment in full is required before first group session. No refunds or prorated fees. No trial sessions.